The school has an open door policy and parents are encouraged to communicate with their child’s class teacher. Parents can volunteer in school to share their skills and are encouraged to provide feedback on school life.
- We hold termly parent meetings with the class teacher where the progress of children is shared with parents. When a child is receiving targeted intervention, a support plan providing targets will be agreed and reviewed with the parent and the child, and strategies to support the child at home will be discussed. Where appropriate the SENCO will also be present at these meetings.
- We hold weekly parent workshops e.g. phonics, reading, CLIC maths.
- Parents can request a home/school book for their child where teachers and parents can record any messages or express any concerns.
- Progress and targets are shared with parents in the end of year report.
- Parents are invited to attend class assemblies, Sports Day, coffee mornings and Triple P parent classes.
- Parents are also elected on to the school’s governing body.