* HOME LEARNING *
Wednesday - 15th July 2020
We would like to thank you for your support through what has been a challenging time for all of us. To prepare your child for their new year group, we have put together some summer learning projects. Please click the link below for your child's current year group to see a transition video and access the learning pack.
Have a lovely summer and we will see all in September.
Transition Videos Click HERE
Summer Home Learning Pack Click HERE
10 Top Tips to Encourage Children to Read Click HERE
If you have any questions regarding the Home Learning, please email the appropriate year group below:-
- Nursery - email@example.com
- Reception - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 1 - email@example.com
- Year 2 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 3 - email@example.com
- Year 4 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 5 - email@example.com
- Year 6 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - 29th June 2020
Hopefully your child has now received the letter asking children to enter our exciting competitions. We are looking for poets and poster designers. Once your child has completed their entries please send them to the closure emails. I would really like children to send a photograph of them holding up their protest banner so that we can compile a group protest on our website.
Winners of the baby competition should have now received a prize in the post YAY!! We will announce winners to the competitions above on the weekly newsletter via SchoolPing.
We have attached a useful information pack explaining the Black Lives Matter Movement, this may be useful for parents wanting to make it accessible for children.
Parents Guide to Black Lives Matter Click HERE
Ms H Harris
Friday - 26th June 2020
Virtual Library Click HERE
Wednesday - 10th June 2020
Silly Squad Digital Challenge
Friday - 15th May 2020
Hello everyone from Monega! An artist named Luca Damiani has created an audio book called "Maria and all the Grannies of the World – A story of kindness during the 2020 Coronavirus crisis”.
We would love to see you create an artistic representation of your grandparents! You can send it to us, to show the rest of our school community, or you can email it to email@example.com to be shown. Please click HERE to take part.
Cannot wait to see what you come up with!
Art & Design Lead
Wednesday - 22nd April 2020
All children were sent home with exercise books to work in and encouraged to practice the key skills below.
- Storytelling and story writing
- Letter writing
- Weekly news
- Times Tables
- Maths no problem questions
There are also many resources online that children can utilise. We have not opted for online learning portals as many of our families do not have the facilities to access these. We have also set up email addresses where you can contact teachers directly if you have any queries. We would really welcome you to send us photographs of children engaged in their learning at home. We would like to create a display with children’s photos on our return of cooking and crafting activities or completing their home learning .
Wednesday - 25th March 2020
Should your child be unable to remember their logins or password for Oxford Owl or TTRockstars please email firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
USEFUL LINKS FOR HOME LEARNING
- Britannica Library Online Click HERE
- Join the Newham Library Online Click HERE
- Learn Chinese for FREE Click HERE
- E-Bug Click HERE - Resources are currently available for KS1 & KS2 and can be used in various settings including schools and at home.
- Oak National Academy Click HERE - Supporting every teacher to support every pupil. We are an online classroom and resource hub created by teachers, for teachers.
- BBC Bitesize for Primary School Click HERE - Learn & Revise for Primary Age 3-11.
- Click HERE is a link to some "Forest School Activities for Stuck at Home Families". We hope some of you will find this useful and interesting.
- TTRockstars Click HERE - Times Tables.
- Oxford Owl Click HERE - Discover expert advice, educational resources and free eBooks to support children's learning at primary school and at home.