ADMISSIONS & MOVING SCHOOL
For any assistance with School's Admissions, please see Mrs S Dawkins in the school office. Alternatively, Mrs Dawkins can be contacted on 020 8472 0533.
There are different arrangements for children starting our school for the first time and for children joining at a later date.
The staff, governing body and pupils of Monega Primary School would welcome you applying for a place at our school. To do this you must follow the correct process for your child’s age as detailed below.
We are an Multi Academy Trust which means we are our own admission authority but have adopted the London Borough of Newham’s admission arrangements and processes to ensure continuity across the borough.
All applications for this school must be made through London Borough of Newham’s Pupil Services, not this school.
We accept children's names for the nursery waiting list from their second birthday. We cannot guarantee you a place but we do try to offer all children at least three terms in the nursery before entry to our school.
We offer children a morning only nursery placement or an afternoon only placement. If you would like to put your child's name on our nursery waiting list we suggest you do this after their second birthday. Please come to the school office on Tuesdays only, between 9:00am and 10:00am.
Please Bring with You:
- Your most recent Council Tax Bill or if not available, your Tenancy Agreement or Rent Book.
- Plus a Utility Bill, (Gas, Electric, Water, Landline phone).
- As well as your child(rens') Birth Certificate or Passport showing their Date of Birth and Full Name.
STARTING SCHOOL FOR THE FIRST TIME
In Newham, children start primary school (Reception) in the school year during which they have their fifth birthday. Entry is either in September or January depending on their birthday.
In the term before your child's admission is due, you will hear from Newham to let you know whether a place is available or not. If you are offered a place, write or call to accept it as soon as possible. After this, the Education Department let us know you have a place and we will get in contact with you as soon as we can to arrange an admission interview.
RECEPTION ADMISSIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2024 ENTRY
For children born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020, their parents or carers must apply for them to start an Infant or primary school (reception class) in September 2024. The closing date is 15 January 2024.
- We are going to school - Click HERE for Autumn 2024 composite Primary prospectus.
- Information about the Infant School to Junior School Transition Process for September 2024 Entry.
- London Borough of Newham's Determined Arrangements for the 2023/2024 (Entry from September 2024).
- Pan London eAdmissions Portal Click HERE to Apply - Opens 1st September 2023 for September 2024 Reception Applications.
- Pan London Co-ordinated Scheme.
- School Finder.
- National closing date for on time junior applications 15th January 2024
- National offer date for on time junior applicants 17th April 2024
IN YEAR ADMISSIONS INTO PRIMARY SCHOOL (AKA MID-TERM AND MID-PHASE)
If a family arrives in Newham during the school year 2023/2024 and their child needs a school place, they must complete an In-Year form naming their preferred schools.
School places are usually offered within 10 days.
MOVING FROM PRIMARY TO SECONDARY SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER 2023
For all children born from 1st September 2012 and 31st August 2013 inclusive, their parents/carers will need to apply for Year 7 secondary school place for September 2024, unless the child is on roll at an (All Through School - Chobham Academy, Langdon Academy or School 21) as they will automatically move into Year 7 unless they would prefer another school.
All Year 7 applications for September 2023 must be made through the family’s home local authority.
- National closing date for on time Year 7 applications 31st October 2023.
- National offer date for on time Year 7 applicants 1st March 2024.
For children living in Newham families must apply via London Borough of Newham.
For children who live outside Newham, whose family wants them to attend this school their application must be made through their home borough naming this school as a preference on their application.
Before submitting a Year 7 application we strongly recommend all families read the 'Autumn 2024 Edition' of the local authorities ‘Starting Secondary School’ guide and find out information about the school you are interested in. If possible look at their 'Virtual Tours'.
Remember, you must apply for a place, even if your child:-
- Has a brother or sister attending the school.
- Lives in the schools priority area (for Sarah Bonnell only).
- Attends a link school (for Stratford School Academy only).
USEFUL LINKS FOR ALL SCHOOLS ADMISSIONS
Gov.UK - Schools Admissions Info
We recommend you use the Newham School Finder links below to determine the location of your preferred Newham schools and calculate home to school distances.
Ace Education - Independent Advice for Parents and Carers.
Pupils Premium & Free School Meals - Apply for free school meals to get extra funding for your child/children's school.