Dear Parents and Carers
I am sure that you will have already seen and heard on national and local news that schools in Newham will not be opening on Monday 4th January as previously planned. This is due to high levels of COVID-19.
We believe that it is really important that children continue to receive a broad and balanced education. For children, nothing is the same as being taught by their teacher in their classroom, however we are confident that if children engage with remote learning we can keep them on track. In the weeks ahead, all pupils will be provided with remote learning. Recorded lessons will be accessible on Google Classroom from Wednesday 6th January. Should pupils experience difficulty in accessing Goggle Classroom, parents should notify teachers using the year group link email account (please see specific year group information below). For those pupils who are not able to access a device at home, paper learning packs with the same content can be collected from the school every Friday between 2:30pm and 3:00pm.
In order to receive the most up-to-date communication from school, you must have School Ping. Please download the app and set up an account if you haven’t already. For assistance with this, please contact the school office via telephone or email.
We are incredibly proud of how hard the pupils are continuing to work and I am very grateful for all your kind messages of support and encouragement. The teaching team are working unbelievably hard ensuring children are following the same sequence of learning. Teachers are available to support pupils through the online streams throughout the day.
Please remember school is still open and we are here to help you with any queries you may have. Email contact is the easiest point of access but Senior leaders are also on the gate every morning at 9:00am and every afternoon at 3:00pm.
Please click HERE for DfE Info for Parents Remote Education - Jan 2021
Please click HERE for Monega Remote Learning Policy
Ms E Harris
USEFUL LINKS FOR HOME LEARNING
- Join the Newham Library Online Click HERE
- Learn Chinese for FREE Click HERE
- E-Bug Click HERE - Resources are currently available for KS1 & KS2 and can be used in various settings including schools and at home.
- Oak National Academy Click HERE - Supporting every teacher to support every pupil. We are an online classroom and resource hub created by teachers, for teachers.
- BBC Bitesize for Primary School Click HERE - Learn & Revise for Primary Age 3-11.
- Click HERE is a link to some "Forest School Activities for Stuck at Home Families". We hope some of you will find this useful and interesting.
- TTRockstars Click HERE - Times Tables.
- Bug Club Click HERE - A digital learning space for your pupils and a toolkit for you, so that you can search, plan, allocate and assess all in one place.