PRACTICAL IDEAS AND RESOURCES
The following resources and ideas can help to support emotional wellbeing throughout the year as well as in times of crisis.
'Many ways to share a hug' - Social Story
A printable 14-day mindfulness activity challenge
A Coronavirus Story
Dr Chris and Dr Xand are here to tell you why the coronavirus might not be as scary as it sounds.
Action for Happiness - Coping Calendar
Apps for Wellbeing and Mental Health
Stop, Breathe and Think App
- Stop, Breathe and Think - Check in with how you're feeling and try short activities tuned to your emotions
Smiling Mind App
- Smiling Mind - A great app with age specific mindfulness resources, including a new resource, 'Thrive Inside'. Thrive Inside is a special program to help you stay psychologically healthy while you're spending extended periods of time at home.
Cosmic Kids Yoga and Mindfulness App
- Cosmic kids - This app often has a two-week trial available
- Childline - Calm zone
An activity for grounding and calming
- Just Breathe - A video aimed at children to help them feel calmer
150 Sensory Learning Ideas
- Inclusive Teach - Sensory learning ideas